The health and safety of our children and staff is always a priority at Wimbledon House nursery. As a result of the current pandemic in line with government advice and the latest guidance issued by the NHS and Public Health England, we have thorough updated Covid-19 policies which are regularly updates regarding infection control. As one of the leading day nurseries in Wimbledon, we have set the bar for Covid-19 management while keeping children happy and healthy. Pick the best of Wimbledon nurseries for your child and keep them safe from Covid this winter.
In line with government and NHS recommendations, we were one of the first Wimbledon nursery schools to put in place many additional measures including those relating to access to the nursery, social distancing and hygiene protocols. Here are some of the new requirements we have introduced to keep the staff and children protected during this current pandemic.
- At drop off and pick up times, we are asking parents to hand their child to a member of staff at the nursery entrance and remain a two-metre distance away from other parents
- Children are cared for in bubbles of consistent children and staff
- We have reorganised the layout of our rooms to encourage children to circulate naturally rather than use one area of the room
- Outdoor play is limited to one group at a time
- Staff members with Covid-19 symptoms or who have a family member displaying symptoms will not be allowed into the nursery until they have either completed the minimum required self-isolation period or have had a test with a negative result
- Every time a child arrives at nursery, the parent or carer will be asked to confirm that neither the child nor anyone in their household is displaying any Covid-19 symptoms including a new continuous cough or a high temperature
Young children like close contact with adults and we can reassure you that at our nursery in Wimbledon we have not implemented a ‘hands-off’ policy towards the children and will still be interacting and caring for them in the same way as before.
Wimbledon House Nursery has always operated strict hygiene and infection control protocols for all childhood diseases and is one of the leading day nurseries in Wimbledon noted for high care standards. We take our responsibilities for child and staff safety during Covid-19 very seriously and together with your cooperation, can keep children safe and protected during this pandemic. Pick the very best of Wimbledon nurseries and learn more on our website.