The emotional and mental health of young children is just as important as their physical wellbeing. Good mental health and mental balance allow children to develop into well-rounded and adjusted adults with the essential resources to cope with the challenges and difficulties of life. Wimbledon House nursery is a leader amongst nursery schools in Wimbledon in placing just as much emphasis on your child’s mental peace as their physical health and educational development. Pick one of the best day nurseries in Wimbledon for all-round and holistic child care.
What are the key elements to keeping young children in a good state of mental balance and mental peace?
Studies suggest that more young children have mental health problems than twenty or thirty years old. There are a number of factors which are paramount in our children’s routine in the nursery and which cohesively provide an atmosphere and environment in which your child’s mental balance will thrive, these includes:-
- eating a balanced diet
- taking regular exercise during the day
- having the freedom for unstructured play both indoors and outdoors
- feeling loved and valued
- feeling safe and trusted in our environment
- engaging in interesting and enjoyable activities
- being provided with opportunities to grow and succeed
- recognising their strengths whilst also accepting who they are
- finding the strength to cope-up when something is wrong
- including problem-solving activities in the nursery timetable which helps develop mental strength and cognitive function
Wimbledon House nursery understands how important the mental health of your child is to their development and happiness. We are one of the only day nurseries in Wimbledon to factor this into our daily routine with clear and demonstrable assessments of mental balance and activities and playing structured to reflect this. Pick the leader amongst nursery schools in Wimbledon – our children are our best advertisement. Learn more about what we can offer your child on our website Wimbledon Day Nursery.